Monday, May 13, 2013

May 13, 2013: Mailday Monday

Today's visit to the mailbox yielded three hockey TTM returns along with a trade. Also, my most heartfelt condolences go out to the city of Toronto, whose hockey fans just witnessed a collapse of the most epic magnitude. I was hoping Toronto could advance just to lift up the spirits of some of the Leafs fans in my office.  Meanwhile, my Sharks are in action tomorrow at Los Angeles for Game 1 of the second round. Beat LA!

Hockey


Ian Cole and Barry Melrose c/o Trade

Jason P. - St. Louis, MO

How interesting that I got a Leafs autograph in the mail today! I made a trade with Jason from St. Louis, sending him a few of my Portland Winterhawks extras for a couple of key items for my collection. I didn't have an NHL card signed by Barry Melrose, and now I do.  The only other one I have is an old ProCards issue from when he coached the Adirondack Red Wings, also received in a trade.  Ian Cole had been surprisingly tricky for me to get; he is nice in person but I didn't have much luck with him through the mail. I traded Jason for a blank Ian Cole signed index card, and the placement of the autograph on the card was just about perfect for me to print the Rookie Index design over.  I am now down to 28 remaining for the 2010-11 RIC set.  Thanks for the trade, Jason!




Ian Cole
Barry Melrose


Greg Pateryn c/o Hamilton Bulldogs (AHL)

1/1 RIC, 58 days

The University of Michigan Wolverine alumnus signed a Rookie Index Card for me in just under two months.





Greg Pateryn


Harri Pesonen c/o Albany Devils (AHL)
1/1 RIC, about 2 months


I'm not actually sure exactly when I sent this one out, but it was at least two months ago. The former JYP Jyväskylä forward signed this rookie index card nicely.



Harri Pesonen

Brennan Yadlowski c/o University of Alberta (CIS)
2/2 RIC, custom index, 29 days

The former Everett Silvertip just wrapped up his first season of Canadian college hockey with the University of Alberta, and signed a card for my Everett Silvertips team set project!  Oftentimes the ones I end up having to chase down TTM are the overagers from each season. Everett puts out their card set so late in the year that it's tough to make decent progress on it in person until the following season.



Brennan Yadlowski

No comments:

Post a Comment